Entries and nominations are now open for the 2016 CIS Excellence Awards.
Organised in association with the Federation of Chefs Scotland and judged by a board of esteemed, independent individuals from the Scottish hospitality sector, the awards are open to all types of businesses, from restaurants, chefs, contract caterers and colleges, to hotels, pubs, event caterers and tourism organisations. By showcasing and celebrating the best that Scotland has to offer, the awards help to raise the profile of businesses and individuals throughout Scotland.
With 16 categories spanning the entire food, hospitality and tourism spectrum, there is an award to suit you or your business. Along with all the categories from 2015 year we are delighted to announce the launch of the brand-new Junior Chef of the Year Award, sponsored by Brakes Scotland. Seeking to identify the individual under 25 years of age who most deserves to be recognised for their skills, achievements, self-discipline and potential at this early stage in their career, the award will celebrate excellence in Scotland’s emerging talent.
NOW is the time to enter or nominate your company, clients, colleagues, associates and outstanding establishments. Nominations are free to enter and will remain open until midnight on Thursday 11th March after which the Awards Advisory Board will commence the judging process before selecting their shortlisted entries in April.
The winners will be presented with their awards at a black-tie ceremony at the Hilton Glasgow on Thursday 26th May 2016.
When nominating, please ensure you follow the specific criteria and guidelines for each award. Any queries about the nomination process, contact email@example.com and we will endeavour to assist.
Enter online and find out more about the categories, criteria, judges and ceremony at
THE 2016 CIS EXCELLENCE AWARD CATEGORIES
1) The Business Innovation Award, sponsored by Bidvest Scotland
2) The Employee of the Year Award, co-sponsored by RBS & Mazars
3) The Banqueting & Events Chef of the Year Award, co-sponsored by ASA Recruitment & PIDY
4) The Hospitality Educator Award, sponsored by Entier
5) The Healthier Scotland Award, sponsored by the healthyliving award, in association with NHS Health Scotland
6) The Training & Employee Retention Award, sponsored by Caterer.com
7) The Pub-Restaurant Excellence Award, sponsored by Heinz Foodservice
8) The Sustainable Business Award: This category is available for sponsorship
9) The Restaurant Newcomer of the Year Award, sponsored by Sodexo
10) The Independent Hotel of the Year Award, co-sponsored by Bruce Stevenson Insurance & Davidson Asset Management
11) The Junior Chef of the Year Award, sponsored by Brakes Scotland
12) The Group Hotel of the Year Award, sponsored by Gram
13) The Patisserie Chef of the Year Award, sponsored by Callebaut
14) The Restaurant of the Year Award, sponsored by Unilever Food Solutions
15) The Chef of the Year Award, sponsored by BaxterStorey Ltd
16) The Lifetime Excellence Award, sponsored by Braehead Foods