Entries and nominations for the CIS Excellence Awards 2014 close tonight at midnight.
Aimed at ALL types of established and emerging businesses and individuals involved in Scotland’s catering, hospitality and tourism industries – from chefs, foodie pubs, colleges and caterers, to restaurants, hotels, software developers, food manufacturers, training companies, local authorities, tea rooms, guest houses etc, etc – there is a category to suit you or your business.
And this year, in recognition of 2014, we are introducing a 14th category: The Employee of the Year Award, sponsored by Mazars and the Royal Bank of Scotland. Aiming to identify the individual within the Scottish hospitality, catering and tourism industry who has consistently risen above and beyond their usual remit over the last 12 months, the award is open to employees of all sizes and types of organisations within the sector.
Entries are free of charge, you may nominate as many organisations or individuals as you wish, and nominations are open until Monday 10th March 2014.
The categories are as follows:
•The Employee of the Year Award, sponsored by Mazars and the Royal Bank of Scotland
• The Business Innovation Award, sponsored by 3663
• The Independent Event-Caterer of the Year Award, co-sponsored PIDY & Freshwater
• The Award for Excellence in Hospitality Education, sponsored by Premier Foods
• The Contract Catering Chef of the Year Award, co-sponsored by Tods Murray & ASA Recruitment
• The Healthier Scotland Award, sponsored by the healthyliving award, in association with NHS Health Scotland
• The Innovation in Training Award, sponsored by Caterer.com
• The Pub-Restaurant Excellence Award, Sponsored by Heinz Foodservice
• The Sustainable Business Award, sponsored by Zero Waste Scotland
• The Restaurant Newcomer of the Year Award, sponsored by Sodexo
• The Independent Hotel of the Year Award, sponsored by Gram
• The Restaurant of the Year Award, sponsored by Unilever Food Solutions
• The Chef of the Year Award, sponsored by BaxterStorey Ltd
• The Lifetime Excellence Award, sponsored by Braehead Foods
Full details of the criteria, judging guidelines and electronic entry/nomination forms are available at The Categories section of this website.
This year’s ceremony takes place on Thursday 29th May 2014 at the Hilton Glasgow, and promises to be the biggest and most entertaining night since the first event back in 2004.