With just one week to go till entries close for the 2016 CIS Excellence Awards, organisers are appealing to nominators and entrants to get their submissions completed in plenty of time before midnight on the closing date of 11th March.
With 16 categories including the recently launched Training and Employee Retention Award, sponsored by Caterer.com, and the Banqueting & Events Chef Award, co-sponsored by ASA Recruitment & Pidy, the awards spread the entire spectrum of hospitality, catering and tourism. Aimed at all levels and roles, they are free to enter and are judged by an experienced panel of industry experts.
And this year the awards also feature, for the first time, the brand-new Junior Chef Award.
Sponsored by Brakes Scotland, this category seeks to recognise and reward ambitious, skilled emerging chef talent, under 25 years of age, currently working in Scotland.
For more information on this and all 16 categories, visit the www.cis-excellenceawards.com/nominations/the-categories/ section of this site. The full list of categories is provided below.
THE 2016 CIS EXCELLENCE AWARD CATEGORIES
1) The Business Innovation Award, sponsored by Bidvest Scotland
2) The Employee of the Year Award, co-sponsored by RBS & Mazars
3) The Banqueting & Events Chef of the Year Award, co-sponsored by ASA Recruitment & PIDY
4) The Hospitality Educator Award, sponsored by Entier
5) The Healthier Scotland Award, sponsored by the healthyliving award, in association with NHS Health Scotland
6) The Training & Employee Retention Award, sponsored by Caterer.com
7) The Pub-Restaurant Excellence Award, sponsored by Heinz Foodservice
8) The Sustainable Business Award, co-sponsored by Seafood Scotland
9) The Restaurant Newcomer of the Year Award, sponsored by Sodexo
10) The Independent Hotel of the Year Award, co-sponsored by Bruce Stevenson Insurance & Davidson Asset Management
11) The Junior Chef of the Year Award, sponsored by Brakes Scotland
12) The Group Hotel of the Year Award, sponsored by Gram
13) The Patisserie Chef of the Year Award, sponsored by Callebaut
14) The Restaurant of the Year Award, sponsored by Unilever Food Solutions
15) The Chef of the Year Award, sponsored by BaxterStorey Ltd
16) The Lifetime Excellence Award, sponsored by Braehead Foods